Saturday, May 4, 2013

Summer Saturdays: 3 More Weeks

I am already in the mindset that it's summertime. 

  • It's hot outside (almost 100 degrees here, just give it a few more days) and my students have checked out mentally. They don't want to be inside anymore and to be honest, neither do I.
    We have a field trip planned in 2 weeks for Wet 'n' Wild in Phoenix.
    I am definitely excited for that. 

  • And in 3 weeks, I will be completing my very first year of teaching.
    It has definitely been a roller coaster ride.
    And it's been an amazing experience.
    I can't wait for the many years of teaching to come. :)

  • Also, in 3 weeks, I will be doing something unexpected.
    Something that I thought I wasn't doing.
    But I can't tell you; that would jinx it!
    So, you'll have to wait a few more weeks. ;)

  • Another also, I am pretty sure I want to race the Cave Creek Thriller 50k in October. 

  
I would have to start training in June, which means I need to figure out a way to get around training in 100+ degree heat. Many people wake up at 4 am to run or go to the gym. But I can only run on a treadmill for so long. :/ And training for a 50k requires some looooooooooong runs. 
I also have the option of reteating to the cool mountain air and running my longer runs on Mt. Lemmon.
I will research some more ideas and keep you up to date. 


  • And tomorrow, I'm finally running with TTR again, no thanks to the medication side effects.  
    I'll be running a trail I never ran before, so it should be an adventure! :)


I am so excited for summer to start!

It's calling my name. 
I hope 3 weeks goes by fast! 

1 comment: