Monday, April 15, 2013

The Good News and the Bad News

So, I have some good news and bad news. 

Bad news first: I didn't get to run the Mt. Bigelow ascent with TTR yesterday. :/ I had been training for this run for months! I was so bummed. I had to back out because my lifeguarding final skills test was moved to Sunday and I didn't want to be completely exhausted for it. 

However....the good news...

I'm a certified lifeguard!!! I passed my test! :)

I filled out the application to work at a city pool and answered some interview questions before I went home.
Now, I only have one dilemma: What should I do this summer?

I have an interview today to be a day camp counselor (something that I love to do and I'm really good at, I think). :)

So, I have to choose between being a city lifeguard (a completely new experience) or a day camp counselor (a somewhat new experience, I have never worked at a day camp before, only a resident camp). 

Both will help me on my way to becoming a camp director so I'm stuck. 
Any suggestions on how I should decide??

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! Since you have the lifeguard certification, why not put it to a test! I probably would go with that. Plus you get a nice tan :)

    ReplyDelete